Who doesn’t love a great hack?
I am always fascinated about discovering new ways of doing old things. I have to be honest. I have been staring at this bottle of apple cider vinegar (ACV) in my cabinet for a few weeks now.
My original intention was to use it in a new recipe. In my research for menu ideas, I was surprised to discover the amazing benefits & multiple uses for this wonder in a bottle. You can almost put this *ish on EVERYTHING!!!
Check out these 15 health benefits of apple cider vinegar:
1. Non-toxic cleaner: Raw, unfiltered vinegar contains all the bacteria fighting benefits that some commercial vinegar lack. To make your own cleaning solution, simply mix equal parts water and apple cider vinegar. ACV will clean your toilets and leave your bathroom smelling like apples! Just pour ACV into the toilet, and allow it to sit overnight. It can also be used in dishwashers as a substitute for dish detergent. Mix ½ cup of ACV with 1 cup water, and you can use this solution to clean microwaves, kitchen surfaces, windows, glasses, and mirrors, too.
2. Helps control blood sugar: Several studies have shown a correlation between apple cider vinegar and lower blood sugar levels. In one study participants took two tablespoons of ACV before bed and saw their blood sugar drop 4 to 6 percent by the time they woke. The antiglycemic effect of the acid in apple cider vinegar is what helps with insulin sensitivity.
3. Aids in weight loss: Apple cider vinegar can help you lose weight. Here’s why: The acetic acid suppresses your appetite, increases your metabolism, and reduces water retention. Try adding apple cider vinegar to juices, salad dressing, and even water to incorporate it into your diet.
4. Prevents indigestion: Having tummy troubles or know you’re going to eat something that you might regret later? Sip diluted apple cider vinegar (mixed in water or juice) to help settle that stomach. It’s the antibiotic properties and bacteria fighting power of ACV that help.
5. Whitens teeth: Gargle with apple cider vinegar in the morning. The vinegar helps remove stains, whiten teeth, and kill bacteria in your mouth and gums. Make those teeth sparkle after swishing around some apple cider vinegar diluted with two parts water. Then brush as usual.
6. Clears acne/Facial toner: Apple cider vinegar makes a great natural toner that can act as a natural home remedy for acne and leave skin looking healthier. Thanks to the antibacterial properties of apple cider vinegar, it can even help prevent break outs. Just like with your scalp, it can help balance your skin’s pH levels. Dilute some apple cider vinegar with water and apply to a cotton ball to use as a toner or on blemishes.
7. Shiny hair: Apple cider vinegar is an excellent weekly hair rinse. It leaves hair looking shiny and soft. The acid in ACV helps to remove product build up. It also helps to balance your scalp’s pH level. Recycle an old shampoo bottle, filling it with ½ tablespoon of ACV and 1 cup of cold water. Pour the solution through your hair after shampooing.
8. Energy boost: The potassium and and enzymes in apple cider vinegar help to give you a boost. Just add some ACV to a glass of water. Try adding it to your water during a workout to prevent fatigue. The amino acids in apple cider vinegar combat lactic acid build up that can happen after exercise.
9. Got pets? ACV repels fleas: One part vinegar and one part water can be sprayed on your pets’ fur and rubbed in generously to the skin. Saturate the entire coat, and continue every day for a few days to a week. Any flea infestation will surely be gone.
10. Detox Aid: As part of balancing the body’s pH, ACV creates an overall detoxification of the body. Research shows that it can help stimulate cardiovascular circulation and help detoxify the liver.
11. Clears stuffy nose: Next time you’re stuffed up from a cold, grab the apple cider vinegar. It contains potassium, which thins mucus; and the acetic acid in it prevents germ growth, which could contribute to nasal congestion. Mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink to help sinus drainage.
12. Soothes sore throat: As soon as you feel the twinge of a sore throat, use apple cider vinegar to help head off the infection at the pass. Turns out, most germs can’t survive in the acidic environment vinegar creates. Just mix 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar with 1/4 cup warm water and gargle every hour or so.
13. Fades bruises: Apple cider vinegar has anti-inflammatory properties; dabbing or laying an apple cider vinegar compress on a bruise can help fade the discoloration.
14. Use as a deodorant: Apple cider vinegar will help fight the odor causing bacteria without the cancer causing toxins. Just apply a little ACV under your arms. You won’t be left smelling like vinegar once it dries.
15. Relieve tired hands & feet: Rubbing apple cider vinegar on your hands and feet will give massage-like benefits and relief to tired hands and feet.
Amazing!!! Are you using ACV? How has it changed your life or your health? Comment below and let us know!
As always, thank you for time, love & support. Feel free to share your thoughts with us. Leave us a comment & share this info with family & friends.
-Eric & Maleka Beal