Write this down…
“What I do today is the same thing I MUST do tomorrow.”
The difference between where you are today and where you want to be tomorrow is directly related to your efforts. What efforts? Glad you asked! There are 3 C’s to achieving your BetterChoices Healthier Lifestyle, or for that matter, your success in anything you embark on in life. These 3 C’s are the framework you MUST incorporate to begin the process of changing your thought process in order to change your life. The 3 C’s are:
Now, what we have identified for you is the “WHAT.” By now, you know, you simply can not just rely on knowing the “what,” you must also know “how” & “why” it applies. Knowing the “what,” “how,” & “why” provides you with a complete understanding. When you understand something you can control it. If you can control it, you can conquer it, & if you can conquer it, YOU WIN!!!
So, LET’S WIN!!!
As we stated last week & KEEP reinforcing this point to drive it home & embed it in your spirit, THERE IS NO SECRET TO WEIGHT LOSS! THERE IS NO SECRET TO CHANGE! After losing 156lbs & 138lbs, everyone kept asking us “what’s the secret?” Say it with us, “there is NO secret!”
The only variable there is, is YOU. If you want to get healthy, if you want to lose weight, if you want to change your life, it requires you to implement the 3’C’s (these are the KEY factors):
1. Commitment: You MUST be committed. Once you make the choice to change, decide how & what you are going to change & understand WHY you are embarking on this journey to change. Accept the idea that you have to stick with it to get to it.
2. Consistency: What you do today, you MUST do tomorrow in order to activate your change, create a new habit, & realize the results. Remember this, if you continue to do the things you’ve always done, you’ll continue to have what you’ve always had. “2+2” will always be 4. Your life reflects the things you do well & the things you do most often. If you don’t like what you see, CHANGE WHAT YOU DO.
3. Control: Control encompasses your commitment & consistency. Control empowers you to CHOOSE better. Control does not mean, controlling the outcome; control means being aware & being accountable to YOU! Control is about you no longer accepting the excuses you tell yourself….Realize, your excuses are your self imposed roadblocks.
When we talk about control, we are talking about:
• Making sure you are eating fresh foods, lean proteins, fruits, veggies, & getting in your whole grains.
• Empowering yourself to simply say “NO.”
• Taking control of the forces in your life that enable you to make & use excuses. Remember, your excuses are your way of giving yourself permission to accept your unwillingness to change.
At the end of the day, the only thing you can control in this life are your choices. Commit to consistently make BetterChoices & watch how your life changes.
Eric and Maleka Beal are health coaches and co-founders of BetterChoices, a health & wellness company and social community focused on educating, advocating, and promoting better health and wellness through lifestyle, nutrition, and fitness education.