Did you know the health benefits of lemon include its use as a treatment of throat infections, indigestion, constipation, dental problems, and fever, internal bleeding, rheumatism, burns, obesity, respiratory disorders, cholera and high blood pressure, while it also benefits hair and skin care?
Lemon juice, especially, has several health benefits associated with it. It is well known as a useful treatment for kidney stones, reducing strokes and lowering body temperature. As a refreshing drink, lemonade helps you to stay calm and cool.
The health benefits of lemons are due to its many nourishing elements like vitamin C, vitamin B, phosphorous, proteins, and carbohydrates.
Here are 8 amazing health benefits of lemons:
1. High Blood Pressure: Drinking lemon juice is helpful for people suffering from heart problems, because it contains potassium. It controls high blood pressure, dizziness, and nausea, because it provides a calming sensation to both the mind and body. It is commonly employed to reduce mental stress and depression.
2. Indigestion and Constipation: Lemon juice helps to cure problems related to indigestion and constipation. Add a few drops of lemon on your dish (take care, as lemon does not go well with milk), and it will aid in digestion. Lemon acts as a blood purifier and a cleansing agent, so a good drink after lunch or dinner.
3. Reduce Fever: Lemon juice can treat a person who is suffering from a cold, flu or fever. It helps to break fevers by increasing perspiration.
5. Weight Loss: According to a research conducted by researchers from Queen Margaret University, a glass of pomegranate juice consumed daily helped boost testosterone levels in both men and women. This makes pomegranate a natural aphrodisiac that is great for your sex life.
6. Skin Health: Lemon juice, being a natural antiseptic medicine, can also cure problems related to the skin. Lemon juice can be applied to reduce the pain of sun burn, and it helps to ease the pain from bee stings as well. Lemon juice can be applied on the skin for the treatment of acne and eczema. It acts as an anti-aging remedy and can remove wrinkles and blackheads.
7. Weight Control: Adding lemons to your water can make you feel fuller as well as reduce the development of Type 2 Diabetes. Lemons contain pectin, a soluble fiber that has been shown to help with weight loss. Also, lemons can literally slow down the absorption of sugar into the body.
8. Asthma: The vitamin C found in the lemon juice plays two important roles in combating breathing problems. First, it strengthens the immune system of the body, and second, it works as an anti-oxidant and fights the harmful oxidants the lungs produce in the form of allergens during bouts of asthma. Thus the intake of lemon juice regularly will help fight the disease.
As always, thank you for time, love & support. We hope what we have shared has helped you. Be sure to share this info with family & friends.
-Eric & Maleka Beal
DID YOU FIND THIS INFORMATION HELPFUL? Receive more great tips and resources direct to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter below. Of course, we would love to hear from you! Be sure to leave us a comment & share it!!!
Eric and Maleka Beal are health coaches and co-founders of BetterChoices, a health & wellness company and social community focused on educating, advocating, and promoting better health and wellness through lifestyle, nutrition, and fitness education.