Did you know pomegranate is an excellent source of the antioxidant vitamin C, with one pomegranate providing about 40% of the daily requirement for this vitamin?
Pomegranate literally translates to “seeded apple,” but research shows pomegranates may pack even more nutritional punch.
They’re often overshadowed by more common fruits like apples and oranges, but once you learn how to eat them, this is one fruit that can add valuable nutrition, including antioxidants, to your regular diet.
Here are 8 amazing health benefits of pomegranate:
1. Cancer Prevention: The high amounts of anti-oxidants, vitamin A, vitamin C and iron in pomegranates fight against free radicals, stopping them from damaging cells.
2. Prevents Heart Disease: Anti-oxidants present in pomegranates lower bad cholesterol, LDL and increases good cholesterol, HDL, thus preventing heart diseases. Its juice improves blood circulation through the heart, making it healthier.
3. Boosts Immunity: A medium sized pomegranate contains 15% of the daily required vitamin C which is very essential for a good immune system.
5. Improves your libido: According to a research conducted by researchers from Queen Margaret University, a glass of pomegranate juice consumed daily helped boost testosterone levels in both men and women. This makes pomegranate a natural aphrodisiac that is great for your sex life.
6. Skin Health: Pomegranates are rich in antioxidants which help delay this process. Therefore, eating pomegranate keeps your skin glowing and radiant for a long time.
7. Weight Control: Another of the pomegranate benefits is that it is high in anti-oxidants, if taken daily can help you in controlling your body weight. You can take the fruit in your daily diet and lose those extra calories. The high fiber content will also make sure that people feel more satiated after its consumption.
8. Prevents Alzheimer’s Disease: One of the greatest health benefits of pomegranate is that if this fruit is taken daily, it can help in preventing Alzheimer’s disease. If the patient is already affected by this disease, then it can be slowed down with this fruit. It also improves the patient’s brain and helps to do daily activities properly and more actively.
As always, thank you for time, love & support. We hope what we have shared has helped you. Be sure to share this info with family & friends.
-Eric & Maleka Beal
DID YOU FIND THIS INFORMATION HELPFUL? Receive more great tips and resources direct to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter below. Of course, we would love to hear from you! Be sure to leave us a comment & share it!!!