Pineapples are one of our favorite fruits. We were amazed by the numerous health benefits of eating pineapples. Not only are they loaded with antioxidants, but they also fiber, vitamins, and many lessor known nutrients beneficial to the body.
Whether eating fresh pineapple as a snack, adding it to a rice dish, or chicken kabob, pineapples offer the right amount of sweetness!
** Because pineapples are high sugar fruit, containing 16g of sugar per cup, you want to be mindful when incorporating it into your diet–especially if you suffer with diabetes.**
Here are 8 amazing health benefits of pineapples:
1. Rich Antioxidants: Pineapples are a rich source of antioxidants. They fight against free radicals in the body, preventing cell damage. These antioxidants help protect you from diseases like atherosclerosis, heart diseases, arthritis, various cancers etc.
2. Rich in Vitamin C: Pineapples are abundant in vitamin C and bromelain, which fight against microbial infections. Eating pineapples with the prescribed medicines can help cure cold and cough effectively.
3. Rich in Manganese: Rich amount of manganese present in pineapples helps in strengthening bones and connective tissues. A cup of pineapple juice gives you roughly 73% of the required manganese for a day.
4. Heart Healthy: Powerful antioxidants keep free radicals away and lower the cholesterol levels, preventing heart diseases. Include other heart healthy foods too for a healthy heart.
5. Good Source of Fiber: Bromelain, vitamin C and dietary fiber are abundantly present in pineapples which promote digestion. The Bromelain enzyme is generally found in the stem or core of a pineapple and helps to digest food by breaking down the protein particles within it.
6. Helps with Acne: The presence of Vitamin C enables this fruit to be used, internally as well as externally, as a cure for acne and other inflammatory skin condition. Bromelain, the anti-inflammatory enzyme in this fruit, boosts up the healing power of Vitamin C.
7. Helps Prevent Hypertension: Higher amounts of potassium and lower amounts of sodium in pineapples help maintain normal blood pressure levels.
8. Helps Improve Immunity: Vitamin C in pineapple boosts your immune system due to its strong antioxidant effect. Here is another excellent post to know more about vitamin C rich foods.
As always, thank you for time, love & support. We hope what we have shared has helped you. Be sure to share this info with family & friends.
-Eric & Maleka Beal
DID YOU FIND THIS INFORMATION HELPFUL? Receive more great tips and resources direct to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter below. Of course, we would love to hear from you! Be sure to leave us a comment & share it!!!
Eric and Maleka Beal are health coaches and co-founders of BetterChoices, a health & wellness company and social community focused on educating, advocating, and promoting better health and wellness through lifestyle, nutrition, and fitness education.