Did you know cucumbers are made up of 95% water?
Cucumbers, like watermelon, are made up of mostly water, which means they can help you stay hydrated. In addition, cucumbers contains vitamin K, B vitamins, copper, potassium, vitamin C, and manganese.
Cucumbers are low in calories and high in fiber which makes them useful in both weight loss and digestive health.
Here are 8 amazing health benefits of cucumbers:
1. Reduces cholesterol: The sterol compounds in cucumbers can lower bad cholesterol levels.
2. Reduce your risk of cancer: Cucumbers contain polyphenols called lignans which may help to lower your risk of breast, uterine, ovarian, and prostate cancers. They also contain phytonutrients called cucurbitacins, which also have anti-cancer properties.
3. Rich in vitamins: Vitamins A, B, and C, all found in cucumbers, boost immunity, give you energy, and keeps your skin radiant.
4. Aids in weight loss: …95% water!
5. Helps digestion: The fiber found in cucumbers aids in digestion.
6. Soothes muscle and joint pain: The vitamins and minerals in cucumbers make it a powerful in soothing muscle and joint pain.
7. Refreshes the eyes: Placing chilled cucumbers on the eyes will help reduce under-eye bags and puffiness.
8. Controls blood pressure: Cucumbers contain potassium, magnesium and fiber. These nutrients are effective in regulating blood pressure.
As always, thank you for time, love & support. We hope what we have shared has helped you. Be sure to share this info with family & friends.
-Eric & Maleka Beal
DID YOU FIND THIS INFORMATION HELPFUL? Receive more great tips and resources direct to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter below. Of course, we would love to hear from you! Be sure to leave us a comment & share it!!!
Eric and Maleka Beal are health coaches and co-founders of BetterChoices, a health & wellness company and social community focused on educating, advocating, and promoting better health and wellness through lifestyle, nutrition, and fitness education.