If you have not tried this “queen of greens,” then you have no idea what you are missing!
We love kale. Did you know kale is one of the oldest forms of cabbage? It is absolutely delicious! It’s easy to incorporate in your daily diet. Try a kale salad, add kale leaves to your favorite smoothie to increase your greens, try a simply saute in olive oil or take it up a notch, and roast them to make a batch of kale chips. No matter how you incorporate them, you can be certain your body is getting one amazing food!
Here are 8 amazing health benefits of kale:
1. Rich in Fiber: Just one (1) cup of kale has only 36 calories & 5g of fiber! Because of its fiber content, kale aids in digestion and helps to prevent constipation & promote regularity.
2. High in Iron: Surprisingly, kale has more iron than beef!!! Iron is essential for good health, helping to transport oxygen to various parts of the body, cell, growth, liver function, and more.
3. High in Vitamin K: Kale is rich in vitamin K. Vitamin K helps protect against various cancers. It is also key in may bodily functions, including normal bone health & blood clotting.
4. Rich in Vitamin A & Vitamin C: Kale is high in vitamin A and vitamin C. Vitamin A is a nutrient required for the growth of all bodily tissues including skin and hair. Vitamin C is helpful for your immune system, metabolism, and even hydration.
6. Excellent Source for Cardiovascular Health: The fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and B6 content found in kale all support health health. By increasing your potassium and reducing your sodium consumption, you can reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease. Kale can also help you lower cholesterol levels.
7. Great Detox Food: Because kale is filled with fiber and sulfur, it is great for helping to detoxify your body and keeping your liver healthy.
8. Great Anti-inflammatory food: Kale contains omega-3 fatty acids that help fight and alleviate arthritis, autoimmune disorders and asthma. The vitamin C helps relieve stiff joints.
As always, thank you for time, love & support. We hope what we have shared has helped you. Be sure to share this info with family & friends.
-Eric & Maleka Beal
DID YOU FIND THIS INFORMATION HELPFUL? Receive more great tips and resources direct to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter below. Of course, we would love to hear from you! Be sure to leave us a comment & share it!!!
Eric and Maleka Beal are health coaches and co-founders of BetterChoices, a health & wellness company and social community focused on educating, advocating, and promoting better health and wellness through lifestyle, nutrition, and fitness education.