If you love Quiche Florentine, you’ll really appreciate and enjoy this recipe! We made some simple, healthier swaps and all we can tell you to do, is TRY IT!!! Absolutely delicious! Enjoy!
Makes: 6-8 servings
• 2 eggs
• 3/4c Egg Beaters® or egg white substitute
• 1 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
• 1 4-6oz chicken breast, sauteed & chopped
• 3/4 – 1 cup sauteed kale (click for recipe)
• 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
• 2 teaspoons parsley
• 1/4 – 1/2 low fat medium sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
• 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
• 1 frozen deep-dish pie crust (prepare according to directions)
salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, egg beaters, almond milk, parsley, salt and pepper. Set aside.
In large skillet, heat oil and saute chicken breast over medium 6-8 minutes per side. Remove chicken and set aside. In same skillet, add mushrooms and sauteed kale. Cook quickly — long enough to saute mushrooms & heat up kale (if prepared a head of time / see recipe). With prepared pie crust, layer kale/mushroom saute and chopped chicken breast. Top with cheese. Pour egg mixture into pie crust.
Bake 45-50 minutes or until set in center. Let cool. Cut into wedges and serve. Enjoy!
Calories: 196 | Fat: 10g | Fiber: 1g | Carbs: 14g | Protein: 13g | Sugar: 2g
DID YOU FIND THIS INFORMATION HELPFUL? Receive more great tips and resources direct to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter below. Of course, we would love to hear from you! Be sure to leave us a comment & share it!!!
Eric and Maleka Beal are health coaches and co-founders of BetterChoices, a health & wellness company and social community focused on educating, advocating, and promoting better health and wellness through lifestyle, nutrition, and fitness education.