Makes: 4-6 servings
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (prepare according to directions)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 red sweet pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1-2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 3 gloves garlic, chopped
- 1 3oz can black olives, sliced
- 2 tsp parsley
- sea salt black pepper to taste
Prepare quinoa according to package directions. To add more flavor, swap water for reduced sodium chicken stock. Set aside.
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions & garlic. Saute for 2 minutes. Add red peppers & yellow peppers. Stir for a minute. Add black olives & broccoli florets. Stir for a minute then cover and steam over low heat for 2-4 minutes. Stir in quinoa. Cover and cook over low heat about 3 minutes. Garnish with parsley. Great side dish!
Calories: 173 | Fat: 6g | Fiber: 5g | Carbs: 25g | Protein: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Sodium: 185mg